Wave Basic Cable is simple to install. You don’t need any additional devices, and you can connect to any cable-ready TV in your home – provided you have activated your Wave cable service. To connect to Wave cable, you simply run a coaxial cable from your wall mounted cable outlet to your cable-ready television set or to your VCR. If you find that your cable outlet is not activated, or you need additional cable outlets installed in your home, please contact us to schedule a professional installation.
Installing Basic Cable
- The connection from the outlet to your TV, DVD recorder or VCR will always be coaxial cable. If you use a DVD recorder or VCR, you can use a different cable from this device to your TV.
- Check connections to ensure they are threaded correctly and firmly tighten by hand; do not use tools to tighten.
- If you use a DVD recorder or a VCR, you will need to tune your TV to channel 3 or 4 to watch cable. Check with your DVD recorder or VCR user manual for more information.
- Since your personal components may vary as well, please refer to your user manual(s) for installation of those components.
- Some channels in Basic Cable may require additional equipment. Check your Channel Lineup card for more information on which channels require equipment.