Wave’s on-screen guide makes it easy to schedule recordings on your DVR and build your own personal library. You can record programs in several ways:
- One-touch right from the on your remote
- From any Program Info screen
- Set a manual recording
Press the RECORD on your remote any time while you’re watching a program to begin recording. From the Listings grid, just highlight the show you want to record and press the record button on your remote.
From Program Information
From any Program Information screen, highlight the button and press OK/ Select to schedule a recording. Follow the on-screen prompts for additional recording options.
You can set a Manual Recording for a specific time or channel:
Select DVR from the Quick Menu or Main Menu, or My DVR button on your remote
- Select Set a Recording
- Select start and end times and day, then press Confirm
- Select channel to record from channel list
- Select Record to confirm settings or select Recording Options for additional options
Record Two Programs at Once
A Dual Tuner DVR allows you to set recordings for two different programs that air at the same time. While recording two programs, you can watch and control either program up to the point of live TV by using the SWAP button on your remote.
While Watching a Show Currently Airing
- Press RECORD to record the program you are watching
- Press SWAP to switch to the other tuner and find the second program you want to record
- Press RECORD when you locate the second program you want to record
From the Guide
- Highlight a program you want to record from any listings screen
- Press RECORD to set up the first recording
- Highlight the second program
- Press RECORD to set up the second recording
Two Recordings Are in Progress Overlay
When two programs are recording simultaneously and you change channels, an overlay will appear. Follow the on screen prompts:
- Swap to view your other recording
- Continue recording, don’t change channel
- Stop recording, change channel (this appears when 2 recordings are in progress and you want to tune to another channel)
Managing Schedule Conflicts
If you schedule more than two recordings for the same time, you will see a Scheduling Conflict screen that allows you to choose between a previously set recording and the new recording that is conflicting. Individual recordings always take priority over series recordings when there are scheduling conflicts. In case of a scheduling conflict between two series programs, additional icons will appear at the bottom of the Scheduling Conflict screen to help you determine which program to record.