Your DVR allows you to record multiple episodes of a program (series) according to your preferences. To set up a Series Recording, begin by selecting the program from the Listings grid or from a Search results list:
- Select Record from the Program Info screen
- Select Set Up a Series Recording
- Select the type of episode to record, such as only new episodes
- Specify how many recordings to save
- Specify how long to save the recording
- To access advanced series set-up features, like to add minutes to the start and end times and specify which channels to record, select the Recording Options to review all options
Your Series Recordings will appear in the My Recordings list with the show title as its label. Multiple recordings of the same show will have the same label and will be listed beginning with the most recent recordings first as default. If you have the DVR Folder option turned on, multiple recordings of the show may be grouped together in a folder. To change your view use the LEFT and RIGHT buttons on your remote to View By Date, View By Channel, or View By Title. You may also modify the priority assigned to a series using the Series Priority List.
From the DVR Menu select Series Recordings for a list of scheduled Series or Keyword Series. From here you can change the priority of your series, or modify Series recording. To modify:
- Use the LEFT and RIGHT arrows to highlight the series, press OK/Select to view a summary of recording settings for that series including the number of episodes scheduled to record in the next 14 days
- Highlight the to modify settings. Select the again to view and modify all settings
- Highlight the to confirm
Modify the Series Priority List
If you have multiple series set to record, your DVR automatically creates a Series Priority List. The first series you set to record has the highest priority and will be the one recorded if there is a conflict. You can easily change the recording priority of the series so that the series of your choice is recorded when a conflict exists.
- Select DVR from the Quick Menu or Main Menu
- Choose Series Recordings
- Highlight a program and use the Page Arrows to modify priority
Note: If you want to record two series recordings instead of an individual recording that airs at the same time, you must delete the individual recording from the Scheduled Recordings List (See View List of Scheduled Recordings section to cancel a recording).
Manage Series Priorities
- To give your new recording the highest scheduling priority and to capture the most number of episodes for your new recording, select High. The screen will show you how many episodes of the new series will be recorded and which episodes of the old series will not be recorded because of the conflict.
- To move the new series back to the bottom of the scheduling priority list, select Low and the screen will refresh and give you revised results.
- Select the Record Icon to confirm your new settings.
Guide Symbols to Know – Recorded Program Information Screen
Go back to the previous screen
Play the recording
Start the recording from the beginning
Delete the program from My Recordings
Place a Lock on the program to restrict viewing